PF Registration Online process for Employers online and Offline Registration Process 2022 at http://www.epfindia.gov.in
PF Registration Online
The Employee provident funds and Miscellaneous provision Act, 1952 and the central government. Ensure all establishments with the capability of 20 or more employees. Are registered under the EPF scheme. EPF is a social saving scheme established to cater to the retirement benefits of the workers. The amount is deducted from the monthly salary. This happens at the commencement of employment. The employee and employer contributions to the EPF thus saving 12 percent to the PF account.
EPF is a mandatory requirement for every organization with 20 or more employees. The employer needs to obtain the registration details within one month. For companies defying the law, the EPFO and central government will penalize the establishment for registration failure once the establishment is registered. It remains under the EPF even when they can’t hire 20 plus employees.
The central government has the authority to apply the provisions for any organization with less than 20 employees. This is after a two-month notice for compulsory registration. If the employer and employee agree to the act’s provision, they can apply to the central PF commissioner. Other organizations with less than 20 employees need to register for PF but voluntarily. Employees are eligible for PF from the date they start employment. The employer should deduct and pay the PF amount for every registered employee.
EPF Registration Process
The registration process is available both online and offline. Employers can download the registration form from the EPFO website page. For registration, employees should provide the following details.
- Name and address of the organization.
- The head office and branch details.
- Date of incorporation or registration of the company.
- Enter the employee’s details and their potentials.
- The activity conducted in your business such as manufacturing, service, and more.
- All legal details (private or public company)
- Employer’s or owner’s details such as designation and address of directors and partners.
- Information about the wage of employees.
- Bank information
- PAN card details
- The basic information related to employees.
All the above details should be filled in the form named “proforma for coverage.” The form should be submitted together with Form 5A with Annexure. To help the employer complete the registration process.
EPF Registration 2022 Steps (Employers)
- Visit the EPFO website portal via the link http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- On the homepage, select the tab “establishment registration.”
- A new page will open with the link https://registration.shramsuvidha.gov.in/user/login.
- Next, click the download manual button followed by the “sign-in” button.
- The page will request the following details: Name, email, mobile number, and verification code.
- Now click “sign up” to create an account.
- Proceed and enter all basic details and select the option “registration for EPFO ESIC.”
- A new page will show with the option “apply for new registration.”
- Once you click the tab, the portal will provide two options “employees’ state insurance act, 1948″ and ’employees provident fund and Miscellaneous Act 1952.”
- Click the submit button; the application process starts on the new page.
- Enter the employer details such as establish details, e-contacts, contact persons, identifiers, employment details, particulars of workers, branch/division, activities, and attachments.
- The employer must fill in all compulsory documents. The details or summary of the registration will display on the dashboard.
- Recheck the information, and if correct, click submit button.
- Next, enter the digital signature certificate DSC registration. This is a mandatory requirement for new EPF registration.
- After the signature and submission of documents, the system will send an email from the Shram Suvidha. The message will confirm the completion of the registration process.
Required Documents for EPF Registration Online process
Every eligible employer needs to provide the following documents to complete the registration process.
- Name and PAB card of the employer.
- An identity proof documents.
- Address proof documents for the registered office in the form of the sale deed.
- Utility bill which is not past two months.
- Certificate of registration applies if the establishment is a trust/society or company.
- Partnership deed, the id, and address proof for each member are required in the registration.
- A canceled cheque with a pre-printed account holder’s name and account number.
- Full balance sheet information.
- First sale bill
- Memorandum of association and Articles of association
- Information of total wage used in a month.
- Information about employees for easy allotment of UAN number.
- For employers with multiple establishments, do they require to register all?
Yes, every establishment is considered as single, and the employer must register all of them separately.
- What if the employer forgets the user ID or password for the login portal?
The employer needs to click the “forgot password” option and follow the portal's instructions.