How to change mobile number on EPFO portal: UAN login, merging PF accounts, updating mobile number
PF Mobile Number Change
The UAN (Universal Account Number) is a significant facility to help in accessing EPFO services. The UAN is a 12-digit number created by the EPFO body. To help different EPF features and services. The number is unique for all employees. EPF members can only have one UAN number, which doesn’t change even after changing the place of work. The EPFO requires employees to link their bank KYC details, Aadhaar, to the UAN number. These help in receiving all your PF information through the website. You can also merge all the PF account to form one account.
How to Know EPFO UAN Number
The EPFO grants employers the right to provide employees the UAN number. To ease the process, some employers print the UAN or the salary slip. The employee can also access the UAN number through the UAN portal using the PF number or member ID.
Know Your UAN Using PF Number/ Member ID
- Go to the UAN portal via the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- On the menu, select the option “know your UAN status,” the system will display a new page.
- Choose your state and EPFO office from the menu.
- Enter your PF number or member id, name, date of birth, mobile number, and captcha code. The PF number is indicated on the salary slip.
- Next, click the option “get authorization pin” the system will send the pin to your mobile number.
- Enter the pin and select validate OTP and get the UAN button.
- The UAN number will be sent instantly to your mobile number.
Steps to activate your UAN
To proceed with any activity, the EPF member must activate the UAN number to access EPFO services. You require the member id and UAN number.
- Visit the EPFO website and click the option “for employees” under the tab “services.”
- Next, click the tab “member UAN/online services” under the service section.
- Now enter your UAN, mobile number, and PF member ID.
- Proceed and enter the captcha code and select the tab “get authorization pin.”
- The system will send the pin to your mobile number.
- Select the check box “I agree” and enter the OTP sent to your mobile number.
- Next, click validate OTP and activate UAN.
- Once the UAN is activated, the portal will send a password to your mobile number.
- Now you can access the EPF account.
EPFO UAN Login Process
- Visit the EPFO website portal using the link https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Proceed to the option “for employees” under the section “our services.”
- Next, click the tab member UAN/online services OCS/OTCP.
- Now enter your UAN password and captcha code.
- Now click the “sign in” button.
How to Change Mobile Number in PF Account
You can change / update PF Mobile Number Change on the EPFO portal step by step process
The EPFO uses the registered number to communicate to the employees. Suppose the employee changes the mobile number. They require to update the EPFO portal.
- Login to the EPFO website page,
- Go to the menu section and click “our services”> for employees.
- Proceed and select the tab “member UAN/online services OCS/OTCP.
- Next, enter your UAN, password, and captcha code details.
- Now click the sign in button to proceed.
- On the UAN portal, click the option “contact details” under the manage option.
- Next, click the option “changes mobile number.”
- The employee should enter the new mobile number twice for confirmation.
- Click the option “get authorization pin.”
- The system will send an OTP to the new mobile number. Enter the code and select the “submit” button.
- The new number will be automatically updated on the EPFO portal.
How to Change Mobile Number in UAN if forgot Password
Updating the mobile number for members who have forgotten their password
- Open the EPFO portal website portal.
- On the homepage, click the option “forgot password.”
- Next, enter the security code and UAN and click submit button.
- On the next page, the system will request to send the OTP to the old mobile number.
- Click the “no” button under the tab “do you wish to send OTP to above mobile number.”
- Enter the following details: name, date of birth, and gender.
- Next, click the option verify tab. Choose the mode of verification.
- They can select the PAN number or Aadhaar number.
- Enter the required details and click verify button.
- The system will validate the details and then enter a new mobile number.
- Now click the option “get OTP” the portal will send an OTP to the new number.
- Enter the OTP to verify the details. After completing the process, the employee can change the password.
- Enter the password twice to verify, and then click submit button.
- The details will be updated on the EPFO website.
Merging multiple PF Accounts using UAN
Employees who have changed their jobs tend to close or leave the PF accounts dormant. The EPFO has a way to merge all the pending PF accounts into one. The UAN number links all employees’ details, making it easy to access the PF accounts.
Benefits of Updating Mobile Number on EPFO Portal
- Employees can check the EPF balance by sending an SMS through the registered mobile number.
- The mobile number will help in checking the claim status details.
- Any contributions made are updated using the SMS method.
- Updating the mobile number helps in verifying the account details using OTP to the registered number.
- Can I upload the KYC documents using the EPFO member portal?
Yes, members can upload the KYC details through the EPFO portal. However, your employer has to approve all the details using the digital signature. After the verification, the KYC will be linked to the EPFO portal. If not, the KTC details status will show pending.
- How can I link all my PF accounts?
The EPFO has introduced the UAN number to help link multiple PF accounts to one account. You need to request your current employer for the UAN activation and merging process.